Charles Kosmutza Scholarship Fund
The Disabled American Veterans, Dept. of New Jersey Scholarships to be awarded are named in honor of deceased veteran Charles Kosmutza and shall encompass all areas of New Jersey broken down so that they cover north, south and central New Jersey as listed below:
Northern New Jersey
Sussex, Passaic, Bergen, Hudson, Essex, Morris, And Warren Counties
Central New Jersey
Union, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Monmouth, Mercer, And Ocean Counties
Southern New Jersey
Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic, And Cape May Counties
To Whom It May Concern:
The New Jersey Disabled American Veterans will be awarding (3) three $1,500.00 Scholarships to graduating High School Seniors for post High School Education (College, Community College, Trade School, etc.).
The Scholarship Committee has established the following criteria for eligibility:
- Applicant must be a New Jersey resident.
- Applicant must be a natural or adopted descendant of a member of the Disabled American Veterans, Dept. of NJ (Sons, Daughters, Grandsons, Granddaughters, Nieces, Nephews, Cousins).
- Applicant must be a Graduating High School Senior.
- Applicant must submit in his or her own words an Essay of no more than 500 words on: “WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO END HOMELESSNESS IN OUR COUNTRY?”
- Application and essays must be typed or printed legibly in its entirety.
- Applicant may submit only ONE Application.
- Applicant must sign and date authentication. Parent or Guardian signature is also required if applicant is under the age of 18.
- All Applications must be received no later than, 3:00 PM - MAY 10, 2020. Applications and essays may be faxed to the office at 609-396-9562.
- Applicant must provide proof of relationship and that the veteran is a member of the Disabled American Veterans.
The Committee will select three (3) winners of these Scholarships from all eligible applications. The winners will be notified by certified mail in a letter with accompanying check. If there are any questions please contact our office.
DAV-NJ 2020 Scholarship Program